Thursday, January 3, 2013

Alert! Do not download from CNET's Download.COM! Ad-pusher and other crap injected to users computers without consent!

Alert! Do not download from CNET's Download.COM! Ad-pusher and other crap injected to users computers without consent!

I was alerted by a user that his friend downloaded from Download.COM and found all sorts of threats. I quickly tried to download from Download.COM and found them installing all sorts of crap without my consent before they even begin letting you download my software. I will remove my link to them until further notice. I'm sure they will come to their senses at some point, but right now, please be aware and avoid downloading anything from that site.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, i have tried few top sites and they have some kind of ads and virus after install. now am downloading softwares from go4download.com which is till date the best site for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had similar issue with cnet. Also wondering why ticker wont show at top of screen, even when selected to? Recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoR - I'd be happy to assist you when you contact me via email with more details...

    ReplyDelete